Latest News / Antlers Gallery Announce First London Show
Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas Awards Antlers Bristol launch an emerging scene of contemporary skill-based artists in London.
Antlers Gallery, for whom founder Jack Gibbon won a Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas Award in July 2011, is one of the most recent and intriguing editions to Bristol’s art scene. Launched in 2010 they represent an emerging group of artists who bring contemporary interpretations to traditional methods and subjects. Central to all the artist’s work are skill-based practices, good draughtsmanship with a particular focus on drawing and painting. Works with strong narrative elements, pieces that evoke a sense of the uncanny and references to the natural world also unify the artists. For the first time this rapidly developing Bristol scene will be on show in London, with the Antlers curated show – ‘Other Nature’.
‘Other Nature’ brings contemporary interpretations to traditional genres through re-examining and manipulating the ideas of Natural History, Landscape and Narrative painting. The works have all been produced in the urban environment and create a tension between the natural and the man-made. Within many of the works animal and natural forms are positioned as the ‘other’ in turn redefining the human position. The otherness of nature juxtaposed with the human familiarity creates an un-easy, uncanny or otherworldly aesthetic.
The event will be taking place at Frameless Gallery, 20 Clerkenwell Green, Islington, EC1R 0DP.
19 – 31 March 2012, open daily 11am – 7pm
- Shell InventaGIOVANI attracts record numbers
- Shell Intilaaqah Oman provides a boost for construction and engineering start ups
- Shell LiveWIRE Argentina rewards its outstanding young entrepreneurs
- Shell LiveWIRE Brazil: developing sustainable entrepreneurs
- Medical innovation wins top Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands award
- Ecopreneurs and Sociopreneurs fall under the Shell LiveWIRE Indonesia spotlight
- Shell LiveWIRE Brunei rewards its young entrepreneurs
- Shell and Saudi Credit & Savings Bank join forces to support Intilaaqah entrepreneurs
- Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands announces its final four
- Music entrepreneur wins Shell LiveWIRE Singapore's top award
- Jermaine Hagan named 2013 Shell LiveWIRE UK Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Shell LiveWIRE Nigeria awards start up grants to 50 young entrepreneurs
- Shell Intilaaqah Saudi Arabia celebrates the graduation of 260 young people
- Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands launches new app to help entrepreneurs grow
- Shell LiveWIRE Brunei’s SME Promotion attracts a record crowd
- Meet our 10 new inductees
- Shell Tameer signs MoU with CARE International in Pakistan to help empower women