Latest News / Antlers Gallery Announce First London Show
Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas Awards Antlers Bristol launch an emerging scene of contemporary skill-based artists in London.
Antlers Gallery, for whom founder Jack Gibbon won a Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas Award in July 2011, is one of the most recent and intriguing editions to Bristol’s art scene. Launched in 2010 they represent an emerging group of artists who bring contemporary interpretations to traditional methods and subjects. Central to all the artist’s work are skill-based practices, good draughtsmanship with a particular focus on drawing and painting. Works with strong narrative elements, pieces that evoke a sense of the uncanny and references to the natural world also unify the artists. For the first time this rapidly developing Bristol scene will be on show in London, with the Antlers curated show – ‘Other Nature’.
‘Other Nature’ brings contemporary interpretations to traditional genres through re-examining and manipulating the ideas of Natural History, Landscape and Narrative painting. The works have all been produced in the urban environment and create a tension between the natural and the man-made. Within many of the works animal and natural forms are positioned as the ‘other’ in turn redefining the human position. The otherness of nature juxtaposed with the human familiarity creates an un-easy, uncanny or otherworldly aesthetic.
The event will be taking place at Frameless Gallery, 20 Clerkenwell Green, Islington, EC1R 0DP.
19 – 31 March 2012, open daily 11am – 7pm
- Giving new entrepreneurs a flying start in Brazil's Oil and Gas sector
- Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands launches new innovation award
- Shell Entreprendre awards funding to six outstanding Gabonese start ups
- LiveWIRE Brunei launches Energy Programme
- Desafío Joven rewards its young entrepreneurs
- 16 new entrepreneurs inducted to the Shell LiveWIRE International ‘Hall of Fame’
- Shell Intilaaqah Oman signs MoU to encourage student entrepreneurship
- Shell Tameer rewards its young entrepreneurs
- Shell showcases Intilaaqah at major Middle East petrochemicals conference
- Shell Intilaaqah Oman hosts Entrepreneur Partnership Forum in Muscat
- Shell LiveWIRE Indonesia rewards its outstanding young entrepreneurs
- Brazilian LiveWIRE companies shine at leading international tech gathering
- Innovation to combat harmful algae wins top Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands award
- Shell Iniciativa Jovem entrepreneurs rewarded for innovation and growth
- Game-changing fashion app founder is 2014 Shell LiveWIRE UK Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Developing bright business ideas online
- First 100 young entrepreneurs generate Bright Ideas through Shell Entreprendre
- Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands announces its final four
- New Shell LiveWIRE South Africa launches to power young entrepreneurs
- Shell Tameer campaign raises US $50,000 to support young entrepreneurs
- Revised Shell LiveWIRE South Africa programme launches
- Shell Intilaaqah Oman signs MoU to boost support for young Omani entrepreneurs