Latest News / Antlers Gallery Announce First London Show
Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas Awards Antlers Bristol launch an emerging scene of contemporary skill-based artists in London.
Antlers Gallery, for whom founder Jack Gibbon won a Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas Award in July 2011, is one of the most recent and intriguing editions to Bristol’s art scene. Launched in 2010 they represent an emerging group of artists who bring contemporary interpretations to traditional methods and subjects. Central to all the artist’s work are skill-based practices, good draughtsmanship with a particular focus on drawing and painting. Works with strong narrative elements, pieces that evoke a sense of the uncanny and references to the natural world also unify the artists. For the first time this rapidly developing Bristol scene will be on show in London, with the Antlers curated show – ‘Other Nature’.
‘Other Nature’ brings contemporary interpretations to traditional genres through re-examining and manipulating the ideas of Natural History, Landscape and Narrative painting. The works have all been produced in the urban environment and create a tension between the natural and the man-made. Within many of the works animal and natural forms are positioned as the ‘other’ in turn redefining the human position. The otherness of nature juxtaposed with the human familiarity creates an un-easy, uncanny or otherworldly aesthetic.
The event will be taking place at Frameless Gallery, 20 Clerkenwell Green, Islington, EC1R 0DP.
19 – 31 March 2012, open daily 11am – 7pm
- New Shell LiveWIRE South Africa launches to power young entrepreneurs
- Shell Tameer campaign raises US $50,000 to support young entrepreneurs
- Revised Shell LiveWIRE South Africa programme launches
- Brazilian LiveWIRE companies shine at leading international tech gathering
- Shell Intilaaqah Oman signs MoU to boost support for young Omani entrepreneurs
- Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands launches pilot mentoring programme
- Shell Intilaaqah Oman signs MoU with Haya Water to boost SMEs
- Shell Tameer campaign is building enterprising futures during Ramazan
- New Shell LiveWIRE programme launches in Gabon
- Shell Iniciativa Jovem wins prestigious award for sustainable entrepreneurship
- Shell LiveWIRE Nigeria rewards 180 young entrepreneurs living with disabilities
- Shell InventaGIOVANI celebrates entrepreneurial success
- Shell Intilaaqah Oman celebrates the graduation of 183 young Omani entrepreneurs
- Shell Eco-marathon fuels Dutch LiveWIREs with high performance innovation
- Brazilian LiveWIREs receive prestigious Sustainable Development Seal
- Shell LiveWIRE South Africa fuels entrepreneurial success
- Shell Intilaaqah Oman celebrates the graduation of 85 young Omani entrepreneurs
- Shell Intilaaqah Eqypt rewards its outstanding young entrepreneurs
- Shell LiveWIRE Brazil’s sustainable network members achieve US $5m sales
- Shell InventaGIOVANI attracts record numbers