Latest News / Intilaaqah launches in Saudi Arabia
The latest addition to the Intilaaqah network is Saudi Arabia, which is backed by Shell in co-operation with The Centennial Fund; a charity with a royal charter to help young Saudi citizens to achieve financial independence by helping them to start their own businesses.
Intilaaqah aims to inspire more young people to consider starting a business, and will help them develop their ideas and business planning skills through a programme of enterprise training workshops. The Centennial Fund will look to provide financial support to those young people who develop viable business propositions through Intilaaqah, so the two organisations complement each other perfectly.
Speaking at the launch of the programme, Michel Faure, President and CEO of Shell in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain (pictured left in the photograph) said, “Based on the experience and success of Shell LiveWIRE around the world, Intilaaqah KSA aims to inspire young people to open and manage their own businesses by providing them with training and educational programmes. We are hoping to achieve this best through our partnership with The Centennial Fund.”
The programme, which has a dedicated website www.intilaaqah-ksa.com, has already run two “Bright Ideas” enterprise awareness workshops in Riyadh and Jeddah for 300 young people. Those who go on to produce a business plan will be considered for financial support to help them start their business from The Centennial Fund.
- Shell Intilaaqah Oman provides a boost for construction and engineering start ups
- Shell LiveWIRE Argentina rewards its outstanding young entrepreneurs
- Shell LiveWIRE Brazil: developing sustainable entrepreneurs
- Medical innovation wins top Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands award
- Ecopreneurs and Sociopreneurs fall under the Shell LiveWIRE Indonesia spotlight
- Shell LiveWIRE Brunei rewards its young entrepreneurs
- Shell and Saudi Credit & Savings Bank join forces to support Intilaaqah entrepreneurs
- Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands announces its final four
- Music entrepreneur wins Shell LiveWIRE Singapore's top award
- Jermaine Hagan named 2013 Shell LiveWIRE UK Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Shell LiveWIRE Nigeria awards start up grants to 50 young entrepreneurs
- Shell Intilaaqah Saudi Arabia celebrates the graduation of 260 young people
- Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands launches new app to help entrepreneurs grow
- Shell LiveWIRE Brunei’s SME Promotion attracts a record crowd
- Meet our 10 new inductees
- Shell Tameer signs MoU with CARE International in Pakistan to help empower women