Latest News / Innovative containers win LiveWIRE Netherlands Award
A company, whose innovative containers are revolutionising the freight transportation industry, has scooped the twelfth annual Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands Young Business Award in Amsterdam.
The winners, Holland Container Innovations (HCI) were rewarded for designing a foldable sea container that will take up just a quarter of the space of a normal container, in effect quadrupling the number of containers that can be stored or transported in a given space.
HCI’s design has the potential to achieve major cost savings when it comes to CO2 emissions, transhipment and storage space.
The young company was presented with their award and a cheque for €10,000 (just over USD $14,000) by Peter de Wit, President of Shell Nederland, and Piet van Staalduinen, Managing Director of Syntens, the innovation network for small and medium-sized enterprises which runs LiveWIRE in the Netherlands.
“This is fantastic recognition for us, and it’s great to be able to present our product like this to all these people,” said Rob Buskermolen on behalf of HCI. “And we’ll be able to make excellent use of the money by putting it toward the production of our first orders.”
- Shell Intilaaqah Oman provides a boost for construction and engineering start ups
- Shell LiveWIRE Argentina rewards its outstanding young entrepreneurs
- Shell LiveWIRE Brazil: developing sustainable entrepreneurs
- Medical innovation wins top Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands award
- Ecopreneurs and Sociopreneurs fall under the Shell LiveWIRE Indonesia spotlight
- Shell LiveWIRE Brunei rewards its young entrepreneurs
- Shell and Saudi Credit & Savings Bank join forces to support Intilaaqah entrepreneurs
- Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands announces its final four
- Music entrepreneur wins Shell LiveWIRE Singapore's top award
- Jermaine Hagan named 2013 Shell LiveWIRE UK Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Shell LiveWIRE Nigeria awards start up grants to 50 young entrepreneurs
- Shell Intilaaqah Saudi Arabia celebrates the graduation of 260 young people
- Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands launches new app to help entrepreneurs grow
- Shell LiveWIRE Brunei’s SME Promotion attracts a record crowd
- Meet our 10 new inductees
- Shell Tameer signs MoU with CARE International in Pakistan to help empower women