Latest News / Innovative containers win LiveWIRE Netherlands Award
A company, whose innovative containers are revolutionising the freight transportation industry, has scooped the twelfth annual Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands Young Business Award in Amsterdam.
The winners, Holland Container Innovations (HCI) were rewarded for designing a foldable sea container that will take up just a quarter of the space of a normal container, in effect quadrupling the number of containers that can be stored or transported in a given space.
HCI’s design has the potential to achieve major cost savings when it comes to CO2 emissions, transhipment and storage space.
The young company was presented with their award and a cheque for €10,000 (just over USD $14,000) by Peter de Wit, President of Shell Nederland, and Piet van Staalduinen, Managing Director of Syntens, the innovation network for small and medium-sized enterprises which runs LiveWIRE in the Netherlands.
“This is fantastic recognition for us, and it’s great to be able to present our product like this to all these people,” said Rob Buskermolen on behalf of HCI. “And we’ll be able to make excellent use of the money by putting it toward the production of our first orders.”
- Shell showcases Intilaaqah at major Middle East petrochemicals conference
- Shell Intilaaqah Oman hosts Entrepreneur Partnership Forum in Muscat
- Shell LiveWIRE Indonesia rewards its outstanding young entrepreneurs
- Innovation to combat harmful algae wins top Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands award
- Shell Iniciativa Jovem entrepreneurs rewarded for innovation and growth
- Game-changing fashion app founder is 2014 Shell LiveWIRE UK Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Developing bright business ideas online
- First 100 young entrepreneurs generate Bright Ideas through Shell Entreprendre
- Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands announces its final four
- New Shell LiveWIRE South Africa launches to power young entrepreneurs
- Shell Tameer campaign raises US $50,000 to support young entrepreneurs
- Revised Shell LiveWIRE South Africa programme launches
- Brazilian LiveWIRE companies shine at leading international tech gathering
- Shell Intilaaqah Oman signs MoU to boost support for young Omani entrepreneurs
- Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands launches pilot mentoring programme
- Shell Intilaaqah Oman signs MoU with Haya Water to boost SMEs
- Shell Tameer campaign is building enterprising futures during Ramazan
- New Shell LiveWIRE programme launches in Gabon
- Shell Iniciativa Jovem wins prestigious award for sustainable entrepreneurship
- Shell LiveWIRE Nigeria rewards 180 young entrepreneurs living with disabilities
- Shell InventaGIOVANI celebrates entrepreneurial success