Latest News / Singapore - another prestigious accolade for LiveWIRE Sam
The winner of the Shell Livewire Singapore Young Business Start-Up Awards in 2005 has been awarded a prestigious Honorary Doctorate in Entrepreneurship by Wisconsin International University, USA. Dr. Sam Yap (35) is the youngest person to achieve this honour, and joins an elite club including Bill Gates, Ron Sim, and several other world leading entrepreneurs who have received this accolade.
This latest honour adds to a long list of prestigious business accolades achieved by Dr. Sam Yap, Group Executive Chairman and Co-founder of Cherie Hearts Group, who has built his business into a key player in Singapore’s child care industry.
With his dynamic leadership and entrepreneurial vision, Dr. Yap has expanded the business from a single centre operation in 2001 to running more than 30 outlets throughout the island that provide care for around 2,000 children. The Cherie Hearts brand, which is now well known and respected in Singapore, has also expanded into Vietnam, Hong Kong, Malaysia, China and India.
Commenting on winning his Shell Livewire Award, Dr. Yap said, “Winning the Shell Livewire Award has raised my company’s profile significantly. Investors as far away as Malaysia and China contacted me for business ventures and I have closed many promising joint venture deals.”
Dr. Yap believes that applying enterprise, innovation and creativity are key to enabling Singapore to seize the economic opportunities emerging from the new knowledge-based economy. Said Dr. Yap, “Breeding this entrepreneurial instinct is Singapore’s key to unlocking the new economy.”
For further information contact Brian Butcher, Shell Livewire International, email@example.com
- Music entrepreneur wins Shell LiveWIRE Singapore's top award
- Jermaine Hagan named 2013 Shell LiveWIRE UK Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Shell LiveWIRE Nigeria awards start up grants to 50 young entrepreneurs
- Shell Intilaaqah Saudi Arabia celebrates the graduation of 260 young people
- Shell LiveWIRE Netherlands launches new app to help entrepreneurs grow
- Shell LiveWIRE Brunei’s SME Promotion attracts a record crowd
- Meet our 10 new inductees
- Shell Tameer signs MoU with CARE International in Pakistan to help empower women
- Shell Launches New Intilaaqah Entrepreneurial Development Programme in Oman
- Shell InventaGIOVANI recognises entrepreneurial achievement
- Shell and the British Council reward Intilaaqah Egypt's young entrepreneurs
- 160 young people graduate from Shell Intilaaqah training programme
- LiveWIRE fuels entrepreneurial growth
- Big increase in entrepreneurs for LiveWIRE Brazil
- Argentina raises a glass to its LiveWIREs
- Innovative Lighting Company Wins LiveWIRE Netherlands Award