Find a Programme / Singapore
supporting bright young business
Shell LiveWIRE Singapore aims to reach out to young people to promote entrepreneurship as a viable career option.
The Programme provides:
- Enterprise training. A two day workshop to help provide a basic understanding of how businesses work
- One-to-one mentoring service
- The biennial Shell LiveWIRE Awards competition to showcase Singapore’s brightest young businesses, and recognise their achievements
Through the programme’s enterprise workshops, many hundreds of students have been made aware that starting a business can be desirable and viable career option. This has planted entrepreneurial seeds, many of which may come to flourish in the future, and provides entrepreneurial skills that are valuable in any workplace.
2012 will mark the eighth cycle of the Shell LiveWIRE Awards in Singapore. The Shell LiveSPARK category of the Awards was introduced for the first time in 2011 to recognise the ‘Spirit of Enterprise’ among students. This compliments the Shell LiveWIRE Award for entrepreneurs which targets young people who are already in business.
The programme in Singapore is supported by the following partners:
- Institute of Technical Education (ITE) – whose staff operate the Shell LiveWIRE secretariat office to support the programme
- Singapore Press Holdings (Chinese Newspapers Division) – provides press coverage of all LiveWIRE events and organises inspiring talks on entrepreneurship
- ITE Alumni Association – provides experienced mentors to support young entrepreneurs
Since the establishment of the Shell LiveWIRE Singapore in 2000, over 34,000 young people have benefitted from the programme. This includes 46 LiveWIRE and LiveSPARK Award winners.